Thursday 16 April 2009

S&S

I have been reading a couple chapters of Sense and Sensibility at night (from my pretty version). Something so indulgent about reading in bed...it hasn't been done in a long time. I only spend about 20-30 minutes doing so, but am thoroughly enjoying it and the book!

I love the film version of S&S, but wish I would stop seeing Kate Winslet every time Marianne speaks...though I do love Kate Winslet too.

Anyway, I love how smart and insightful Jane Austen is towards human nature and character.

Regarding romance/love/relationships... are you a Marianne or an Elinor?

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I love reading Austen. I love her wit and slight sarcasm as well when it comes to love in her day.

It has been forever since I watched the movie so this week I watched the first half on Netflix (up to the point I am in the book).

I am for sure Elinor (vs. Marianne). In fact I once took some quiz about "which Austen character are you?" and I came out as Elinor. I need to find the link to that quiz.

Lindsey said...

I think you are an Elinor too, Heid. You are one sensible and practical, and that is totally Elinor.

I think I am somewhere in between. when I was younger, I would be a marianne. Now that I kind of an adult, I think I've come closer to the middle!

Heidi said...

The funny thing is I really am a very passionate person, I mean how overly excited can you and I get when we discuss things? And in love too, I think I am. But I still feel like Elinor in that I approach emotions with caution and try to act with reason.

Lindsey said...

I actually thought that later. how you love love! and we would get so passionate about things...and then crack up laughing at ourselves. hilar!